Thursday Note 10th Nov 2022November 10th, 2022
We hope you are well this week. Our news is as follows
- Next Monday 14th November pupils from 4th, 5th and 6th classes will go to the Sports Arena in the University of Limerick for a practise for the Peace Proms Choir event. The pupils have been busy learning the repertoire of songs for the Peace proms concert which will take place in UL in January. Our school choir will be joined by school choirs from all over the west of Ireland and they will be accompanied by the Cross Border Orchestra of Ireland. Our choir are doing very well learning the songs and they sound fantastic. I hope they enjoy their trip on Monday and we are already looking forward to the concert itself.
- Can you please make sure that your child has enough drinks to last them for the school day. Some pupils might need two drinks. Water is the best option.
- The Parents’ Association are having an informal meeting this evening at 7p.m. here in the school. All parents are welcome.
- Just a reminder that pupils are not allowed to use their phones at school or on the school grounds. If you need to contact pupils please contact the school office. Similarly if pupils need to contact their parents we will do so for them through the school office. If you deem it necessary for your child to bring their phone to school it must be powered off and left in their schoolbag for the day. We understand that for some pupils they may need their phone in the evening particularly if they are walking home or going to a minder but it cannot be used during the school day or while the pupils are on the school grounds at hometime. We thank you for your co-operation with this matter.
- Juniors have started their phonics this week and are working very hard. Their theme in Aistear is the builder and they are learning all about this important job. Well done Juniors!
- 1st class started the fit4class programme in Physical Education this week. Over the next number of weeks they will learn a number of games and keep active in a fun way.
- We would like to express our heartfelt thanks to all who have donated to our gofundme page to raise funds to kit out our sensory room in our Aoibhneas Multiple Disability Class . To date over €10,000 has been raised and we delighted with this.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, School Principal