Thursday NoteJanuary 12th, 2023
I hope this finds you well. Our news this week is as follows
- Parent/teacher meetings will take place next week on Wednesday 18th January and Thursday 19th January. To facilitate these meetings the school will close to pupils from 1st class-6th class at 2.25p.m. on Wednesday 18th January ONLY. School will close at 2.40p.m. on Thursday. The times for face to face meetings have been sent out via text yesterday. For parents/guardians who have opted for a phonecall the class teacher will contact you in relation to a time for a scheduled phonecall but this may take place on times or days outside of scheduled parent/teacher meetings. When ringing you the class teacher will be using their own phone so the number will come up as a private number.
- Rehearsals are continuing for 4th, 5th and 6th class pupils to get ready for the Peace Proms Concert in the University of Limerick on 28th January. Extra tickets will go on sale tomorrow morning at 10a.m. These tickets will be limited and will be sold on a first come first served basis. When purchasing tickets make sure you choose the Saturday night concert on 28th January at 8p.m. – the website is www.peaceproms.com, click on tickets and make sure to select Limerick Saturday 28th Jan @8pm. If requested the code is SAT28LIM8PM.
- 5th and 6th classes were invited to St Caimin’s secondary school on Wednesday last to attend their Talent Show. We would like to extend congratulations to St Caimin’s on a wonderful show and a great display of talent. We thank St Caimin’s for the kind invitation to our pupils.
- We have been asked by the householders in Collins Park that parents would not park there in the mornings or evenings to drop off or collect as you are blocking householders in and they cannot get out of their own driveways. We thank you for your co-operation in this matter.
- 6th class have been busy this week learning a little about coding and Java Script at their computer time. Well done 6th class.
- GAA coaching has recommenced for Junior Infants to 3rd class with Caimin from Wolfe Tones GAA club every Wednesday. The focus is on fundamental movement skills taught in a fun way. Pupils in these classes need to wear their school tracksuit and runners on Wednesdays. Hopefully the weather will improve in the coming weeks and the pupils can get outside to do the training on the astro turf.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, School Principal