Thursday Note 19th January 2023January 19th, 2023
We hope you are well despite the cold weather this week. Our news this week is as follows
- Parents/teacher meetings have been taking place this week. It has been lovely to see so many parents/guardians here in the school. Please remember that it is possible to meet with your child’s teacher at any stage during the school year if you have a worry or concern. It is a good idea to arrange a time through the school office to ensure that your child’s teacher will be available to meet with you.
- Next week we will be celebrating Catholic Schools week. The theme this year is Catholic Schools: Walking Together in Faith and Love. On Wednesday next 25th January we will celebrate Grandparents Day. Due to the fact that we have less space in the hall this year we would like to extend an invitation to the grandparents of Senior Infant pupils only to join us for a short celebration with the school community if they are available. While this celebration is part of Catholic Schools week we extend the invitation to Senior Infant grandparents from all faith backgrounds and none. Our Grandparents day celebration will take place at 11a.m. on Wednesday 25th January here in the school.
- Some of the pupils in 2nd class will make their First Confession next Tuesday evening in Mary Immaculate Church at 7p.m. This is a big milestone as they head towards First Communion. This year we will make our First Confession alongside pupils from St. Senans and St. John’s School. I know our pupils have been working hard over the past few weeks and we wish them well. As per parish policy our pupils wear their uniforms while making First Confession. On Sunday next 21st January at 11a.m. there is a preparation Mass in Mary Immaculate Church for 2nd Class pupils making First Confession this year.
- You can keep up to date with with St Tolas news on our school website at www.tolasns.com. Why not follow us on our School Facebook and Instagram accounts to see what the children in St Tolas have been up to.
Instagram: sttolasns or Facebook: St Tolas NS
- The books in our Accelerated Reader (AR) library have been slowly diminishing over the past year. Can we please ask all pupils and parents from 3rd to 6th classes to check at home for these books? They will have stickers on them stating a Quiz number and Level. Also, if you have any books that your children are finished reading, we would be more than happy to take them off your hands to replenish the books in our library.
- The school photographer will visit the school on Thursday 9th February. Consent forms were sent home this week. If you would like a pupil or family photo please complete the form and return it to school by Friday 3rd February.
- You may like to get all the family up and moving on a Saturday morning. Why not take part in our local Parkrun that takes place every Saturday morning. All details can be found online at Illaunmanagh Park run. Or through this link https://www.parkrun.ie/illaunmanagh/ . Its free to register and a great way for all the family to keep fit.
- Please find information on the flu vaccine sent with this note. We were asked by the HSE to let parents/guardians know of this new service available for children.
Kind regards, Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, School Principal