Thursday Note 26th January 2023January 26th, 2023
We hope this finds you well as we journey through January. Our news this week is as follows
- Congratulations to the boys and girls in 2nd class who made their First Confession on Tuesday evening. I’m sure your parents were very proud of you as we are here in St Tolas. Well done to all involved.
- Thank you to our Senior Infant grandparents who joined us yesterday for our celebration of Grandparent’s day as part of Catholic Schools Week. Each class had prepared a poem or song to honour our grandparents and to remember those who are no longer with us. A special thank you to the boys and girls in Senior Infants who kindly shared a special memory they had of their own grandparents.
- All the rehearsals are almost at an end as the date for the Peace Proms concert is finally here. Pupils from 4th, 5th and 6th class will join with school choirs from all over the mid-west to sing with the Cross Border Orchestra of Ireland in the University of Limerick Sports Arena on Saturday evening. Thank you to Ms Halliday, Mr. Tyrrell, Ms Hackett and Ms Coughlan for all the work they have done over the past few months to prepare the pupils. A huge thank you to our pupils who have been fantastic and put in so much work for the concert. We hope you enjoy the experience.
- 4th class will be playing St Senan’s school in a friendly basketball match tomorrow in Shannon Leisure Centre. We hope they have an enjoyable time and we wish them all the best. Thank you to Ms Fitzsimons and Ms Coughlan for organising.
- Pupils from 5th and 6th class are currently training for the Marion Keane memorial schools basketball tournament which will take place shortly. We have four other schools in our group and there is both a boys and girls’ competition. Best of luck to everyone involved.
- We understand that some evenings pupils may not be in a position to complete homework due to family circumstances. If this is the case we would appreciate if you can put a note in your child’s journal to let the teacher know. We thank you for your co-operation in this matter.
- There will be a Confirmation preparation mass this Sunday in Mary Immaculate Church @ 11am for pupils making their Confirmation. Pupils to wear their school uniform for this.
Kind regards, Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, School Principal