Thursday Note 9th February 2023February 9th, 2023
We hope you are well this week. Our news is as follows
- At the meeting of the Board of Management of St Tolas on Tuesday last the annual review of the Child Safeguarding Statement and Risk Assessment took place. This document is posted on the notice board beside the school office. It is also available to view on the school website. If you would like a copy please contact the school office and we will provide you with it.
- The Parents’ Association have organised a cake sale for tomorrow Friday 10th February starting at 1p.m. The theme for this cake sale is Valentine’s Day. Donations of cakes and buns can be dropped into the school hall tomorrow morning.
- The election of pupil nominees to the Student Council will take place tomorrow Friday. Pupils from 4th, 5th and 6th classes will vote for two nominees from each of these classes. I commend all the pupils who have come forward to stand in the election. They have been delivering their speeches on why their classmates should vote for them during this week. Their class teachers have been very impressed with the level of thought and preparation the pupils have put into their speeches. I have no doubt that we will have a terrific Student Council at the end of the process.
- The school photos are taking place today. We should receive the sample packs in the next few weeks and we will send them home when they arrive. It is only then that you place your order if you wish to proceed.
- The National Parents Council have launched two new guides for parents on parenting in a digital world. The first is #SameRulesApply and the other is Digital Parenting- Keeping your kids Safe Online Please find links here – Safe Online Link www.cybersafekids.ie/samerulesapply, Digital Parenting Link – https://parentingbooklet.bss.design/
- St Tolas will close to pupils at 12p.m. on Wednesday 15th February next to facilitate inservice training for staff. St Tolas is closed to staff and pupils on Thursday 16th Feb and Friday 17th Feb next week for mid-term. The school will re-open on Monday 20th February at 9a.m. I hope everyone in the school community has a relaxing and enjoyable mid-term break.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, School Principal