Thursday Note 16th March 2023March 16th, 2023
We hope you are keeping well and looking forward to St. Patrick’s Day. Our news this week is as follows
- Last Friday 6th class were invited for a visit to Atlantic Air AirVenture Centre here in Shannon as part of Engineer’s week. The pupils had talks and demonstrations from a number of experts. They learnt some Flight Theory and all about different parts of the plane including the engine! They also learnt about flight safety and lifejackets on a plane. They found out about drones and what they can do for us. Did you know that drones are used for tasks that are dull, dangerous or dirty? The pupils got to try their hand at Morse Code and they learnt a little about electricity also. They also got to have a turn in a flight simulator. We are very grateful to Atlantic Air Adventure for giving this experience to our 6th class pupils.
- We have been celebrating Seachtain na Gaeilge again this week. On Tuesday all the pupils in the school went out to the yard to sing Beidh Aonach Amárach and have a little dance to it. Yesterday pupils from 1st-6th class to0ok part in a (table quiz)Tráth na GCeist. The teams were made up of all the different class levels and there were 60 questions. Congratulations to all for your participation.
- We are having our Cruinniu Gaelach today also. Last week Seniors, 2nd, 4th and 5th classes performed their song/poem as Gaeilge for us. Today we will have performances from Juniors, 1st, 3rd and 6th classes. We are looking forward to it.
- Our Girls’ soccer team represented the school in the FAI 5’s competition in Tulla on Monday last. Thank you to Ms Vaughan and Ms Hackett who accompanied them. The girls performed really well and we are very proud of them. Well done to all involved.
- Wolfe Tones GAA have restarted training for boys and girls. Please see details on flyer attached. They are also organising an Easter Camp for boys and girls and there is a flyer attached for this also.
- Our Parents’ Association have organised a Green Day/ Lá Glas today to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. Thank you to all who have supported this.
- St Tolas is closed tomorrow for pupils and staff as we celebrate our National Holiday of St. Patrick’s Day. We are open again on Monday next at 9a.m. Beannachtaí na Féile Padraig daoibh go léir!
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, School Principal