Thursday Note 22nd June 2023June 22nd, 2023
We hope you are well this week as we move closer to the end of the current school year. Our news this week is as follows
- Congratulations to our school hurling team who won the Jonny Cregan Memorial Cup yesterday evening in Wolfe Tones GAA club. We are very proud of all our boys and girls who took part not just in the final but in the qualifiers also. Thank you to Ms Hehir and Ms Hackett for organising.
- All our classes have had an opportunity to take part in orienteering around the school this week. There has been great working out of clues and great team play as the older classes have helped and supported the younger classes.
- Today the 6th class v teachers Mini Olympic handball match takes place. I hope both teams have a great match and may the best team win!!
- Please see flyer attached from Shannon Family Resource centre in relation to the Rainbows programme.
- Our class allocation for the school year 23/24 means we will have 10 mainstream teachers. We will have two Senior Infant Classes and two First classes next year. The teachers have been allocated as follows
|Junior Infants – Ms Amanda Corry||Senior Infants – Ms Maria Hehir||Senior Infants – Ms Alanna Hansbury||First Class – Ms Lorna O’ Neill|
|First Class – TBC||Second Class – Ms Siobhan Kelleher||Third Class – Ms Maeve Clancy||Fourth Class – TBC|
|Fifth Class – Ms Lisa Hackett||Sixth Class – Mr Gary Tyrrell||Solas – Ms Noreen Vaughan||Aoibhneas – Ms Fiona Burke|
|Special Education teacher (SET)- Ms Clare Fitzsimons||SET – Ms Edel Halliday||SET – Ms Ciara Cleary||SET – Ms Karen Riordan/Ms Diana Fleming (jobsharing)|
|SET – Ms Lorraine Connolly/Ms Erin McGuane (jobsharing)|
- We would like to wish all our 6th class pupils and pupils from other classes who are leaving St. Tolas this year every good wish for the future. We have loved seeing your progress and development in your time in St Tolas and know that we will miss you. We know you will do yourselves and your families proud as you move onto the next stage.
- St Tolas will close for the summer holidays next Tuesday 27th June at 12p.m. I would like to thank our staff for their hard work, dedication and commitment to the pupils throughout the year. I would like to thank parents/guardians for your support and co-operation. I would like to thank the Parents’ Association for all their efforts on behalf of the school this year. It is greatly appreciated. Finally, I would like to thank all our pupils for a wonderful year. The enthusiasm, good humour, hard work, perseverance and resilience displayed by our pupils has been wonderful to see. We are blessed in St Tolas to have kind, considerate, talented and hard working pupils. I hope that all in the school community has a relaxing and enjoyable summer. Keep safe and have fun!
Kind regards, Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, School Principal