Thursday Note 26th October 2023October 26th, 2023
We hope you are keeping well this week as we come up to our mid-term break. Our news this week is as follows
- Thank you to the Parents’ Association who organised a cake sale here in the school yesterday. Thank you to all the parents and pupils who supported the cake sale by baking delicious buns and cakes and by purchasing same. A big thank you to the Student Council who helped out in the morning by collecting all the baked goods and labelling tins and containers. Thank you also to 6th class who did a terrific job in helping out with the cake sale.
- Our boys’ football team have gone to Lee’s Rd. today to play in the Cumann na mBunscoil competition. This trip was cancelled twice before this due to the bad weather. We wish them well today and thankfully they get to play their games today.
- 3rd and 4th classes are taking part in a hurling blitz in Wolfe Tones GAA club this morning also. It appears the rain will hold off and they will get to enjoy a few games today. We wish them well.
- Congratulations to Mike O’ Brien and Gillian Kirwan who were elected as the parent nominees on the Board of Management. This new Board will come into operation on 1st December 2023 and the term of office is four years. Congratulations also to Mr. Gary Tyrrell who was elected as the teacher nominee on the new Board of Management.
- The Parents’ Association will hold their AGM on Wednesday 8th November at 7.30p.m. here in the school. All are welcome to attend.
- As tomorrow is the last day before mid-term break pupils may dress up if they wish in their Halloween costumes. Please makes sure that your child can manage their costume and that they can go to the bathroom and play safely. We are aware that some families do not celebrate Halloween and if your child does not wish to dress up that is not a problem. They can just wear their uniform as usual.
- St. Tolas will close to pupils and staff tomorrow Friday at 2.40p.m. for mid-term break. The school will re-open on Monday 6th November at 9a.m. We wish all pupils, parents/guardians and staff a safe, relaxing and enjoyable mid-term break.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, School Principal