Thursday Note 23rd November 2023November 23rd, 2023
We hope you are keeping well. Our news this week is as follows
- Parent/teacher meetings for pupils from 3rd to 6th class took place yesterday evening and more are scheduled for this evening here in the school. Thank you to the parents/guardians who came yesterday and we look forward to meeting more parents/guardians today. Parent/teacher meetings for Juniors to 2nd class will take place in January. We will send out times and dates via text early in the New Year.
- All classes have started preparing for their Christmas performance over the past few days. There is great excitement about the upcoming shows and we are looking forward to lots of fun preparing over the next few weeks.
- 4th class had Clare Kelly from Marine Explorers in to visit the class recently. Clare works in the Galway Aquarium and she is keen to educate pupils on the wonder of marine life. This was her second visit to 4th class and she taught the class a lot of facts about marine life. The pupils had worked on presentations for her in pairs. They did presentations on the blob fish, the viper fish, the Orange Roughy and the Goblin fish to name a few! Some pairs made their own fish or sea creature and there was even a video presentation. Clare was very impressed with the standard of the presentations from 4th class. Well done 4th!!!
- All the pupils from Solas and a number from our Aoibhneas class travelled to Ennis last Monday to take part in Gymnastics class. They travelled with pupils from Special classes in St Senans and Ballycar N.S. The pupils loved the class and will attend every Monday for three more weeks.
- We are now accepting enrolments for Junior Infants for September 2024. If you have a child to enrol or you know a family that wish to enrol their child please contact the school office for an application to enrol form.
- As the days are darker and the weather is not great can we please ask that parents/guardians using the car park take due care and caution. Please enter and exit the car park slowly as it can be difficult to see small children. Please be mindful of other drivers and do not cause an obstruction. If you need to accompany your child into the school please ensure that you are not blocking someone in. the Gardai have told us it is ok to park on the road as long as you are not causing an obstruction to neighbours. Some parents are parking in the surrounding parks – please make sure that you are not blocking any neighbour from getting out of their house. We thank you for your co-operation in this matter.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, School Principal