Thursday Note 25th February 2016February 25th, 2016
We hope you are well this week as we come to the end of February. Our news is as follows
- We were very fortunate yesterday to have actors from the Abbey Theatre here in the school to put on a performance of “Mollster”, a play exploring the life of a child during the events of 1916 for the pupils in 5th and 6th classes. The actors involved then did a workshop with the pupils following the performance. The pupils engaged so well with the experience and it helped to bring this period of history alive.
- Congratulations to Ms. Lorraine Connolly and her husband Dominic on the birth of her new baby son Jack McMahon recently. We wish them well at this exciting time.
- Well done to the pupils in 3rd-6th classes who represented St. Tolas at the Sportshall Athletics competition in Corofin on Tuesday last. The pupils did really well and we are very proud of them. Thank you to Ms Brown who co-ordinated the Sportshall Athletics in the school this year and thanks also to Ms. O’ Neill and Ms. Hehir who brought the pupils to the competition.
- Well done to the pupils in First Class who completed Literacy Lift Off today. They have worked so hard at their reading and writing over the past number of weeks and all the teachers are very pleased with them. Keep up this good work First Class. They are now busy putting together their books for the Write-a-Book competition!
- Boys and girls from 5th and 6th classes will represent the school on Tuesday next at the Marian Keane Memorial Basketball competition which will be held in the Leisure Centre. They have been training hard both during lunchtimes and after school. We wish them well.
- As part of Confirmation preparation there is a Mass for pupils in 6th class making Confirmation this year on Sunday next in Mary Immaculate Church at 11a.m.. Pupils are asked to wear their uniform and to be seated by 10.45a.m.
- If you have changed your phone number or moved house please let Tracey know in the school office so that we can update your contact details.
- School is closed to pupils tomorrow Friday 26th Feb as the building is being used as a polling station for the General Election. We will re-open as usual on Monday at 9a.m.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal