THURSDAY NOTE 4TH jUNE 2020June 4th, 2020
We hope you are keeping well and that you enjoyed the long weekend. We were lucky to get such nice weather and hopefully you got to enjoy it in some way. Our news this week is as follows
Next week would have been our school tour week. Unfortunately we cannot go on our school tours in real life at the moment. All the class teachers are however going to suggest a number of places your child can go on a virtual tour some day next week. The good news about this is we don’t have to worry about getting buses, packing lunches or ensuring you have suncream/raingear with you!!! So why don’t you pick a day for your virtual tour next week and enjoy. Let your class teacher know where your child went!!
6th class are thinking about moving onto secondary school at present. We have posted out a transition booklet for each child to help them with this process. Rather than you having to print this off we thought it would be easier to send you out a hard copy. This booklet can be completed at home . Parents/guardians might be able to help and if there are older siblings who are already in secondary school they could also be a useful resource. Both secondary schools here in Shannon are very aware of the challenges facing incoming First years this current year and will be very understanding Pupils can also contact Ms Kelleher if they have any questions in relation to secondary school. . Thank you to Ms Kelleher for organising the booklet for the 6th class pupils.
Thank you to 6th class parents who sent back their passport profiles for secondary school already. Just a quick reminder to send them back if you have not done so already.
Congratulations to Ms Fleming and her husband Adrian who welcomed a beautiful baby boy named Oisín into their family last Thursday . We are delighted for them. Isabelle and Cillian are thrilled with their new baby brother and we wish the whole family every blessing at this special time. Well done Ms Fleming!!!
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal
RTE & TG4 Home School Hub Links for week of 1st to 5th June which may be useful to you:June 1st, 2020
Please find below the links for the RTE and TG4 home schooling plan for this week, 1st to 5th June which may be useful to you:
Thursday note 28th mayMay 28th, 2020
We hope this finds you well. Our news this week is as follows
- Please check out our website this week at www.tolasns.com Click on latest news to see the most recent uploads. Well done to 4th class who completed projects recently on Bunratty castle. It is lovely to see the creativity in the models you constructed.
- The Shannon branch of the Order of Malta have met in St Tolas for a long number of years. We currently have a number of cadets in our current 6th class. Cadets from all over the country got together virtually to produce a Lámh ( Irish Sign language) version of the song Ireland’s Call. We have uploaded the video to our website also. Can you spot our own Jennifer, Cian and Zusanna as well as a few familiar faces from our past pupils? Well done to all in the Order of Malta.
- Thank you to all the parents/guardians who collected schoolbooks last week. It was lovely to see so many of you in real time. Thank you also to the staff who organised the books, bagged and labelled them and came in to help give them out. It is greatly appreciated. Don’t forget that if you have any question or query for your child’s class teacher you can email them on their individual email and they will reply to you.
- Letters were sent out to parents and pupils in 6th class this week re your child’s education passport. This passport goes to the secondary school your child will be attending in September. The passport consists of your child’s 6th class report, a profile completed by your child and a profile completed by a parent. Please return the two profiles to the school at your earliest convenience as we wish to send them on to the relevant secondary school before the end of June.
- We are scheduled to be off school tomorrow Fri 29th May , Mon ( public holiday) and Tuesday next . Teachers have not assigned work for those days. We hope the weather stays nice and that you and your family get to go out in the sun keeping in mind current restrictions in place to keep us all safe.
Kind regards, Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald
Order of MaltaMay 26th, 2020
Some of our 6th class pupils are members of the Order of Malta. Please click on the link below to their wonderful group sign language performance of ‘Ireland’s Call.
RTE & TG4 Home School Hub Links for week of 25th to 29th MayMay 25th, 2020
Please find below the links for the RTE and TG4 home schooling plan for this week, 25th to 29th May which may be useful to you:
RTE Home School Hub Learning Plan
Here is the schedule for Cula4