Thursday Note 28th SeptemberSeptember 28th, 2017
We hope you are well as we come to the end of our first month back at school. Our news this week is as follows
- On behalf of all in our school community I would like to extend our sympathies to Fr. Arnie and his family on the death of his mother Bridie Rosney yesterday. Our thoughts and prayers are with Fr. Arnie at this difficult time. Ar Dheis Dé go rabh a hanam dilís.
- We wish our boys ‘ football team all the best as they play in the Cumann na mBunscoil competition in Stonehall N.S. tomorrow from 10a.m.. They have been training hard over the past few weeks. We also wish our girls’ football team every success as they play in the same competition on Monday next here in Shannon at the Camogie pitch. Thank you to Ms. Vaughan and Ms. Hehir who have given up their lunchtimes over the past few weeks to train both teams.
- We will be holding a clothes recycling drive here at the school. As we head into autumn you might like to tidy out the wardrobes and presses. Recycle items accepted are: clean clothing, household textiles, i.e. curtains, towels, soft toys, shoes, handbags, belts. The following items cannot be accepted for recycling – mobile phones, laptops, dirty or wet clothing, mats, carpets, duvets/pillows, books. You can drop bags of recycling items into the school on or before Tues morning, 10th October as the recycling company will be collecting our bags at 9.30am on that day. We are unable to accept any recycling after Tuesday morning 10th Thank you for your support.
- Tomorrow we will have a jersey day. Pupils may wear a jersey/favourite t-shirt to school with their school uniform. If pupils wish to take part we ask that they donate €1 which will go toward school funds. This day has been organised by the Parents’ Association.
- The AGM of the Parents’ Association will take place next Thurs 5th Oct here in the school at 7.30p.m. If you have a child in the school you are automatically a member of the Parents’ Association. All parents are welcome to attend the AGM . You may like to get involved in the Parents Association but may not be able to commit the attending all meetings. If you can help in any way that would be most welcome. Being a member of the Parents’ Association is also a good way to get to know other parents in the school. We hope that you can attend the AGM.
- As the weather is getting a little cooler we would ask that pupils wear a jacket or coat to school. If the day is dry we always go outside a break times. Please make sure that all coats are labelled with your child’s name so they can be returned to the rightful owner if they go missing.
- We have just been informed that all teachers must attend for in-service training on Wednesday 8th November on the new Primary Language Curriculum. As a consequence of this the school will be closed to pupils on the Wednesday, 8th November.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal