Thursday Note 11th January 2018January 17th, 2018
Welcome back to school as we begin our second term of this school year. I hope you had a lovely Christmas break and wish everyone a Happy New Year. Our news this week is as follows
- If you changed your mobile phone number or home address please let us know via the school office so we can amend your contact details. It is important that we have up to date phone numbers for you in the event of an emergency.
- As you may be aware there are several strains of flu doing the rounds at the moment. HSE advice is if your child has flu like symptoms (a high temperature and in some cases may also be vomiting) it is advisable to keep your child at home until the symptoms have passed. This is vital to prevent the flu from spreading to others. We thank you for your co-operation in this matter.
- For pupils in 2nd class who are making their First Communion, First Confession will take place in Mary Immaculate Church on Tuesday 30th January at 7p.m. Just a reminder that First Communion will take place on Saturday 28th April at 11a.m. in Mary Immaculate Church.
- Some dates also for the pupils in 6th class who are making their Confirmation this year. The Confirmation Lenten programme will take place in St. Tolas after school at 2.45p.m. for four Tuesdays (Feb 20th/27th March 6th/12th). The Ceremony of Light will take place in Mary Immaculate Church on Wednesday 21st March at 7p.m. and Confirmation will take place on Wednesday 18th April at 11a.m.
- At the start of a new term can I once again remind parents/guardians to take care when using the car park. Please pull in if there is a space available as your car may block staff members from getting into a parking space and getting into school on time. If there is no space available the Gardai have said it is fine to park on the road as long as you do not cause an obstruction. Please enter and leave the car park very slowly as it can be difficult to see a young child in the car park. We thank you for your co-operation in this matter as we all want our pupils to be able to get to school safely.
- We are currently taking enrolment applications for Junior Infants for the school year 2018/19. The closing date for the receipt of such applications is Friday 2nd If you have a child for Juniors next year and have not already applied please call into the school office for an application form. If you know a family who wish to enrol their child please ask them to apply as soon as possible.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal