Thursday Note 17th May 2018May 17th, 2018
We hope you are well and enjoying the May weather. Our news this week is as follows
- Our supplier for the school tracksuits and ties will be Ború Sports this year. They are located in Smithstown, Shannon. They have informed us that they will be able to take orders for tracksuits and sizes will be available for fitting from 10th June. The order form with prices and details will be sent out shortly for your information.
- The school tour schedule is below. Each class teacher will send out their own note detailing price and times for the tour.
|Tuesday, 5th June||Senior Infants||Share A Dream World, Limerick|
|Wednesday, 6th June||Junior Infants||Share a Dream World, Limerick|
|Wednesday 6th June||1st Class||Gymnastics Club Ennis & Planet Bowling|
|Tuesday 12th June||4th & 6th Classes||Adventure World, UL Arena, Limerick|
|Wednesday 13th June||3rd & 5th Classes||Pure Skills Galway & Coole Park|
|Thursday 14th June||2nd Class||King Johns Castle & Bowling, Limerick|
- As part of our Active schools we are attempting to run/walk the distance around Ireland as a school between now and the end of the year. Each day (weather permitting) each class will run/walk a kilometre and hopefully the combined totals of all pupils will add up to the distance around Ireland – 1777km. Good luck everyone!
- Cycle training is continuing for pupils in 5th class. Next week will be the last week. It is wonderful to see the progress made by the pupils in their cycle skills over the weeks of the programme.
- Shannon Gardai have organised a talk on cyber safety for parents of primary school pupils which will take place in the Oakwood Hotel on Wednesday 30th May at 7p.m. Outline Topics:
- Mobile Phone Addiction Tendencies – Mr David McPhilips, Community Substance Misuse Team
- Safety and Security – An Garda Siochana, Shannon
- Criminal and Legal Implications – An Garda Siochana, Shannon
This is a very important topic and one that parents need to keep up to date with. I hope you will be able to attend.
- Our girls’ camogie team will take part in a blitz next Thursday in Bridgetown. Thank you to Ms. Kelleher and Ms. Riordan who have been training them at lunchtime recently. We wish them all the best.
- Kathy from Shannon Vets will visit Junior and Senior Infants on Friday to talk about her job. I know the pupils have a lot of questions ready for her!
- The school will be closed to pupils on Friday 25th May as the building will be used as a polling station for the upcoming referendum. School will re-open to pupils on Monday 28th May at 9a.m.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal