Thursday Note 25th October 2018October 25th, 2018
We hope you are well and ready to enjoy our midterm break next week. Our news this week is as follows
- It was a scary day today in St. Tola’s with lots of witches, ghouls and a whole host of Halloween characters at school today. It was lovely to see so many pupils dressed up. We had a spooky Halloween cruinniu where all the classes got a chance to see each other.
- Our Community Garda Paul Clancy came into the school last Friday to talk to the pupils in 5th and 6th classes about safety at Halloween. He reminded them of the dangers of fireworks. Unfortunately, we hear of horrific accidents each year at Halloween involving children injuring their hands and eyes due to fireworks.
- Thank you to all parents for your support last Friday for our cake sale. A total of €688.39 was raised for the school. A special thank you to the parents from the Parents’ Association who helped out on the day. Thank you to all the parents and pupils who made cakes and buns for the sale. It is greatly appreciated.
- The Parent/Teacher meetings will take place on Wednesday 14th November and Thursday 15th November from 2.45p.m. Your allocated time will be sent out when we return from mid-term break.
- As part of our celebrations of 40 years in St. Tola’s we intend to stage a variety concert in December featuring the school choir and pupils from 3rd– 6th classes. We hope to have individuals or small groups from these classes perform also. Auditions will be held after mid-term break so if your child would like to take part they can get some rehearsals in over the break. We hope to see singers, dancers, musical performances. We are looking forward to seeing all the talent in St. Tola’s.
- Wolfe Tonnes GAA will be holding a 3 day Halloween GAA Camp Tuesday 30th to Thurs 1st Nov. Times are 10am to 2pm daily. Contact Mark O’Donnell 086 7756053.
- A girl’s fun soccer camp for girls born in 2010 will take place in Shannon Leisure Centre for 4 weeks starting on Monday 5th November. Times are 6 to 7pm and cost is 2euro per session.
- If your son/daughter are interested in performing in Scór na nÓg they can join in Wolfe Tonnes GAA club on Thursday 1st November at 7pm. There are 8 events/disciplines covering aspects of Irish Culture, Figure/Ceili Dancing, Solo Singing, Ballad Group, Recitation /Scéalaíocht, Léiriú Stάitse/Stage Presentation, Instrumental Music, Set Dancing and Table Quiz.
- The school will be closed to all pupils tomorrow Friday 26th October as the building is used as a polling station. We are closed all next week for mid-term. School will re-open to pupils on Monday 5th November. I hope all pupils, staff and parents have a relaxing and enjoyable break.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal