Thursday Note 20th December 2018December 20th, 2018
We hope you are well as we come to the end of our first term this current school year. Our news is as follows
- Thank you to all the parents and family members who supported our 40th Anniversary Variety Show last week. The shows were a great success and we were all so proud of our talented pupils. Thank you to the Parents’ Association who helped out not just on the show nights but in the lead up and in the organisation also. Thank you to our wonderful staff who worked so hard to ensure that the shows were a success. I am delighted to report that we raised a total of €8200 over the two nights which kick starts our fundraising efforts to re-develop the yard and play space at the front of the school. We really appreciate the generosity of all involved.
- Our performances for Juniors-2nd class took place yesterday. It was great to see so many parents, grandparents and family members here in the school yesterday. Once again our pupils did an amazing job and we were all so proud of them. The Parents’ Association organised a raffle for a number of lovely hampers yesterday and raised a total of €388.
- Our school choir went carol singing yesterday in Skycourt Shopping Centre. They sounded fantastic and hopefully put a smile on shoppers’ faces. Thank you to Ms. Halliday for conducting the choir and all the staff who accompanied the choir. The choir raised a total of €450 which we will add into our yard re-development fund.
- Our annual Carol Service will take place tomorrow at 10a.m. here in the school hall. All are welcome to attend. This is a lovely ceremony and gives us all a chance to pause and reflect in the ‘busyness’ of this time of year.
- St. Tola’s will close for the Christmas holidays at 12p.m. tomorrow. We will re-open on Monday 7th January at 9a.m. I would like to wish all pupils, staff and parents/guardians a happy and peaceful Christmas and every blessing for the New Year.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal