Thursday Note 20th JuneJune 20th, 2019
We hope you are well this week. Our news is as follows
- Sport for All day had to be postponed today due to the weather. There have been very heavy showers all morning and the ground is saturated. We have provisionally rescheduled for next Tuesday and will confirm this via text. Let’s hope the weather will be kind to us!!
- The Board of Management have produced its Annual Report. This will be available to view on the school website shortly.
- As you are aware the school has focused on Acquisition and Use of Vocabulary as part of our School Self Evaluation this year. A summary report on the work undertaken as part of school self-evaluation will be available on the school website shortly.
- Our end of year Mass will take place tomorrow Friday at 11a.m. here in the school hall. All parents/guardians are welcome to attend. This will be followed by the 6th class graduation ceremony when we will celebrate our current 6th class and wish them well as they transition onto secondary school.
- We welcomed our new Junior Infants to the school yesterday when they came in to meet their teachers and have a taster of a school day before they begin their time in St. Tola’s.
- For the school year 2019/20 we will have nine class teachers, four Special Education teachers and one shared Special Education teacher. As a result of this we are in the fortunate position of being able to have two Junior Infant classes with small numbers in each. The teachers will be assigned as follows
|Junior Infants – Lisa Hackett||Junior Infants – Lorraine Connolly||Senior Infants – Fiona Burke|
|First Class – Karen Riordan||Second Class – Lorna O’ Neill||Third Class – Diana Fleming|
|Fourth Class – Noreen Vaughan||Fifth Class – David Quinn||Sixth Class – Siobhan Kelleher|
|Special Education teacher – Edel Halliday||SET – Ciara Cleary||SET – Maria Hehir|
|SET – TBC||SET – Clare Fitzsimons|
- School reports were posted yesterday to all families. If you wish to discuss your child’s school report please contact the office to arrange a time so that your child’s teacher will be available to meet with you. Information re books and school requisites for your child’s class went home with your child yesterday on an orange sheet. If you wish you may for books etc before next week or wait until we return to school.
- Our annual Quizbrain final will take place next Wednesday at 1p.m. We wish our finalists well.
- We will close for our summer holidays next Thursday at 12p.m. (error on school calendar) I would like to wish all pupils, parents, and staff members a safe and enjoyable summer. Thank you for all your hard work and support during the current school year.
Kind regards, Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal