Thursday Note 5th Sept 2019September 5th, 2019
We hope you are well. Our news this week is as follows
- We are delighted that work has started on our astro turf at the front of the school. The first phase of ground works is now underway. Again we are so grateful to EI Electronics who have come on board with us and are sponsoring this major project.
- We still hope to go ahead with a major fundraiser in the Springtime to finance further development of the yard. If you would like to be involved in helping out on the committee please contact the school office. This would be a short commitment and we would welcome all the help we can get.
- Swimming lessons started today for 5th and 6th classes and will continue each Wednesday for the next eight weeks.
- We are delighted that in conjunction with Wolfe Tones GAA Games Development Officer Hayley Nolan is back this year doing some coaching. She will be here on Wednesdays and will take 1st, 2nd 3rd and 4th classes for the next few weeks.
- Just a reminder re attendance. It is very important that your child is at school every day unless they are unwell. If they do miss a day we ask that you let the school know the reason why. We are obliged to keep a record of attendance for every child and the reason given if they are absent. Also under the Education Welfare Act 2000 the school is obliged under the law to send in a report on all pupils who miss 20 days on more in a school year regardless of the reason why the absence occurred.
- Can I remind all parents/guardians who use the car park to please drive with caution, enter and exit the car park slowly and take care when reversing out of a space. Small children can be difficult to see from a driver’s position. We all want our pupils to be safe in the car park. Also if you are accompanying your child into the building we would ask that you park in a space or park on the road. The gardai have informed us that it is fine to park on the road as long as you do not cause an obstruction. Also please leave the disabled parking space free as it is required for pupils who need this space. We thank you for your co-operation in this matter.
- We would appreciate if all outstanding book monies are paid to the office by tomorrow Friday. Thank you to all those who have already paid for books.
- Hip hop class will restart next Tuesday from 2.40p.m.-3.40p.m. Flyers and information are available in the office.
- Rugby – St. Senans Rugby Football Club will hold a registration day this Sunday 8th Sept at 11am in St. Senans RFC Pitch. All new members welcome and open for all minis and underage players old and new.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal