Thursday Note 16th January 2020January 16th, 2020
We hope you are well this week. Our news is as follows
- Good luck to our boys’ and girls’ basketball teams who will take part in the Marian Keane Memorial Basketball Tournament tomorrow in Shannon Leisure Centre. They have been training this week and we wish them all the best. Thank you to Ms. Vaughan and Ms. Fitzsimons who have been training them.
- If any parent/guardian has changed their mobile number or moved house please let us know your updated contact details either by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning the school office at 061 362894.
- Can I remind parents that pupils should not be bringing mobile phones or phone watches to school. If you need to contact your child during the school day please contact the school office and we are happy to pass on any messages. If your child needs a mobile phone for after school it must be powered off during the school day.
- St. Tola’s will host the annual Clare Inter Schools Quiz next Thursday 23rd January at 7.30p.m. Congratulations to our two quiz teams who have qualified to represent the school at this event. The quiz team members and substitutes have been busy practising at lunchtime over the past few days. We wish them well.
- You might like to note that our annual Grandparent’s day will take place here in the school on Thursday 30th January. The time will be confirmed next week. Note this is a change from our usual day.
- Shannon Library Junior Book Club for children age 9-12 years meets monthly on a Saturday morning at 11.30am. They discuss books chosen in advance by library staff and the children themselves. The children also complete book reviews, compete in fun quizzes, play games and use the Internet to research books and authors. Please contact Shannon Library at 061-364266 for more information or www.clarelibrary.ie
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal