Thursday Note 23rd January 2020January 23rd, 2020
We hope you are well this week as we power through the month of January.
Our news this week is as follows
- We wish our quiz teams well this evening as they represent St. Tola’s in the annual Clare Inter-schools quiz competition. This is a long running quiz competition with Clare schools battling it out to see who will be crowned quiz champions. St. Tola’s has hosted this competition for over 30 years and this year is no exception.
- Just a reminder to parents that school attendance is very important for your child to progress. If your child is unwell and unable to attend school, please let us know. If they miss a number of days due to illness a doctor’s cert is very helpful for our records. If your child misses 20 days whatever the reason the school is obliged under the Education Welfare Act 2000 to make a report to the Education Welfare Officer with the reasons for the absences that you have supplied to us. We appreciate your co-operation in this matter.
- Congratulations to both our boys’ and girls’ basketball teams who have qualified for the next round of the Marian Keane Memorial Basketball competition. Both teams played really well winning two out of their three matches and finishing top of their group. We wish them well for the next round.
- Next week is Catholic Schools week. We will have our annual Grandparents Prayer service here in St. Tola’s next Thursday 30th January at 10a.m. We would like to invite all grandparents to attend this celebration. All faith traditions and none are most welcome to attend.
- 2nd class pupils will make their First Confession next Tuesday 28th January at 7p.m. in Mary Immaculate Church. The boys and girls have been working hard for this over the past few weeks and it is always a very special ceremony for them as they work towards First Communion in May.
- We are currently accepting enrolments for Junior Infants for next September. If you have a child that you wish to start school next year please collect an enrolment application form from the school office. If you know a family who wish to enrol their child please let them know that the closing date for applications is 31st January 2020.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal