Thursday Note 11th JuneJune 11th, 2020
We hope you are well. Our news this week is as follows
- We hope that many of the pupils got to go on a virtual school tour this week. Each teacher had sent on suggestions for tours that can be done without leaving the comfort of your own home. If your child hasn’t taken a tour yet it might be a nice idea to do so before the end of the week.
- The school reports for this year have been completed by your child’s teacher this week. They will be posted out on Friday and you should have them early next week. If you do not receive your report by then please contact the school office via email at email@example.com or ring 061 362894 and leave a message if there is no one in the office. If you have any query in relation to your child’s report please contact your child’s teacher directly via their email.
- 6th class had a meet up with their class teacher Ms Kelleher on Monday last via Zoom. It was great to see that so many were able to attend the class. Thank you to Ms Kelleher and Mr Quinn for facilitating.
- 5th class had a meet up with their teacher on Tuesday last and again it was great to see so many of the pupils. Well done to both 5th and 6th for adhering to the rules and protocols around this form of communication.
- We have planned to have a 3rd and 4th class link up together this Friday at 10a.m. Guidance and the link needed were emailed to 3rd and 4th class parents yesterday. I look forward to checking in with 3rd and 4th class soon.
- Next week we have organised an Active Schools week in what would have been our Sport For All week. Suggested activities will be sent out with your child’s work on Friday. There are a few suggestions for each day but pick one from the menu each day and hopefully the whole family can get involved. Please send on some pictures of your events to your class teacher and we will put them up on the school website. I hear that some staff will be having their own virtual sports day and there may be pictures to prove it!!!
- The library are running their annual Summer Stars reading programme again this year. Please see information attached.
- We really need to get the rental books back before the end of the current school year to check them and ensure we will have enough books for classes in September. To ensure we adhere to social distancing protocols we will arrange a drop off system for next Fri 19th June from 1p.m. to 4p.m. This will be similar to the book collection we did a few weeks ago. You will receive an email with the books we need returned next week. You can nominate another adult to return them for you if necessary. We would appreciate that only one adult drops them off to maintain social distancing protocols and to protect staff. The times allocated are as follows
- Pupils whose surnames start with A- G 1p.m.-2p.m.
- Pupils whose surnames start with H-O 2p.m.-3p.m.
- Pupils whose surnames start with P-Z 3p.m-4p.m.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal