Thursday Note 18th June 2020June 18th, 2020
We hope you are keeping well as we are almost at the end of the current school year. Our news this week is as follows
- We are still waiting for guidelines and clarification from the Department of Education re return to school for the coming year. As soon as we have this we will be in touch with you. Please note that this update may be during the summer holidays.
- The school calendar for the school year 2020/21 has been approved by the Board of Management. Please find a copy attached with this newsletter and it will be published on the school website also. Pupils will return to school on Mon 31st August.
- School reports were posted out to all families last Friday. If you did not receive your report please contact the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 061 362894.
- Ború Sports will have school tracksuits for sale over the summer. If you need to order a tracksuit please contact them directly. Prices and contact details are being sent out with this newsletter.
- For the school year 20/21 teachers have been allocated to the following classes
Junior Infants – Lorraine Connolly, Junior Infants – Lisa Hackett, Senior Infants – Fiona Burke, 1st Class – Karen Riordan, 2nd Class – Lorna O’ Neill, 3rd Class – Diana Fleming ( Kelly Ann Brady will cover maternity leave until Ms Fleming returns) 4th Class – Noreen Vaughan, 5th Class – David Quinn, 6th Class – Siobhan Kelleher Special Education teachers – Clare Fitzsimons, Ciara Cleary, Edel Halliday, Maria Hehir and Amanda Corry.
- Cofirmation for St Tolas will take place on 30th July at 11a.m. in Mary Immaculate. We have no dates for First Communion yet but it is likely that it will go ahead in September.
- The 6th class graduation will take place next Tues 23rd June at 11a.m. via Zoom. The link will be sent out to 6th class parents.
- Well done to 3rd and 4th class who attended a zoom link up last Friday. We have further link ups scheduled for 3rd, 2nd and 1st classes this week. Please note that it can be difficult sometimes to get everyone admitted.
- We really need to get the rental books back before the end of the current school year to check them and ensure we will have enough books for classes in September. To ensure we adhere to social distancing protocols we will arrange a drop off system for tomorrow Fri 19th June from 1p.m. to 4p.m. This will be similar to the book collection we did a few weeks ago. Junior Infants do not need to return any books. Seniors-2nd class have guided reading books only to return. 3rd -6th class have textbooks and also AR books to return. You can nominate another adult to return them for you if necessary. We would appreciate that only one adult drops them off to maintain social distancing protocols and to protect staff. The times allocated are as follows
- Pupils whose surnames start with A- G 1p.m.-2p.m.
- Pupils whose surnames start with H-O 2p.m.-3p.m.
- Pupils whose surnames start with P-Z 3p.m-4p.m.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal