Thursday NoteNovember 19th, 2020
We hope this week finds you well. Our news is as follows
- The Parent’s Association will hold their AGM next Tuesday 24th Nov at 7.30p.m. via Zoom. All parents are entitled to attend. If you would like to attend please email the office at email@example.com and we will forward the link on Monday.
- 5th class had a lovely treat last Tuesday when they all got pizza from Supermacs following Kaytee winning an art competition for her class. I visited the class Tuesday afternoon but was too late for the pizza!!! I hope you all enjoyed it 5th! Well done Kaytee!
- Thank you for your continued adherence to COVID 19 protocols. We really appreciate all parents/guardians wearing a facemask when on the school grounds collecting and dropping off pupils. The Department of Education recently advised schools on an updated definition of a close contact in an educational setting
- a)Any person who has had face to face contact within less than 1 metre with a confirmed case of COVID 19 for more than 15 mins in a school day
- b)Any person who has been between 1 and 2 metres from a confirmed case of COVID 19 for more than 15 mins in a school day with consideration of other mitigation measures e.g. face coverings, pods, ventilation, IPC measures or uncertain compliance with mitigation measures in place ( assessed through clinical PHRA). Contacts are assessed from contact with a confirmed case of COVID 19 during their infectious period – 48 hours before the onset of symptoms if symptomatic or 24 hours before the test for COVID 19 was taken in those who are asymptomatic.
- Please note that if there is a confirmed case of COVID 19 in the school the public health team carry out a risk assessment and advise on the course of action.
- We are continuing to implement hand hygiene measures, an enhanced cleaning regime every day, all staff wearing facemasks when they cannot maintain a distance of 2m from pupils and ensuring social distancing through pods and designated play spaces for each class bubble when on breaks.
- We also thank you for not sending pupils into school if they have any symptoms of COVID 19. If you are unsure please contact your G.P. who will advise whether your child should come to school or stay at home. Kind regards, Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal