Thursday Note 31st March 2022April 1st, 2022
We hope you are enjoying the bright Spring weather today. Our news is as follows
- 4th, 5th and 6th classes took part in a soccer blitz on Monday and Tuesday this week. There were mixed teams of 5 with pupils from all 3 classes on each team. It was organised on a knock out basis with Team 2 winning the tournament. We intend to organise another blitz in a different sport next term for the pupils. Thank you to Mr. Tyrell, Ms Hehir and Ms Willis for organising this event.
- Congratulations to all pupils for their efforts last week as part of Friendship week. Lots of pupils were making a big effort and carrying out random acts of kindness. Visitors to the school often comment on the lovely atmosphere here in St Tolas and how welcoming and friendly the pupils are. This has been in evidence lately too as we welcome some pupils who have come from Ukraine to our school. We hope they will settle in and be very happy in their time here in St Tolas.
- Well done to all our pupils who have adjusted to our new yard routines since we all came back together for one break and one lunch last week. We have been blessed with lovely weather and it is so lovely to see pupils chatting, playing games or drawing with chalk on the ground. Teachers on yard duty are watching out for pupils being kind and playing fairly. It is great to see so many pupils making a big effort in this area.
- A Confirmation preparation Mass will take place this Sunday 3rd April in Mary Immaculate Church at 11a.m. Pupils wear their uniform for this Mass. They can sit with their parents/guardians in the Church. We look forward to Confirmation taking place on 6th May.
- Our pupils in Aoibhneas class went on a nature walk today. They were looking and listening for the signs of Spring while out and about. They are also making buns today and earlier this week they planted lettuce. Well done Aoibhneas pupils!
- On behalf of all in the school community I would like to extend our condolences to Siobhan Casey who works in our Aoibhneas class on the recent death of her mother. We think of Siobhan and her family at this difficult time. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a hanam dilís.
- St. Tolas will close at 12p.m. next Friday 8th April for the Easter holidays. St. Tolas will re-open on Monday 25th April at 9a.m.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal