Thursday Note 4th April 2019April 4th, 2019
We hope you are well this week as we begin the month of April. Our news this week is as follows
- We have a lovely tradition in St. Tola’s where the parents of 3rd class pupils and the Parents’ Association organise a communion breakfast for pupils and their families in 2nd class on the day of the First Communion. First Communion this year will take place on 11th May at 11a.m.. Forms went out to parents in 3rd class this week indicating how they can help out. If parents in other classes are available to help out on the day it would be greatly appreciated. If you are available please let Tracey know in the school office and she can pass on your name to the Parents Association.
Thursday Note 28th March 2019March 28th, 2019
We hope you are well this week as it appears Spring has well and truly arrived. Our news this week is as follows
- Thank you to all the parents/guardians who supported our bookfair this week. Thank you to all the staff members who helped out at the bookfair and to Ms. Riordan who co-ordinated the event. As a result of the books purchased the school will receive over €1000 worth of books to add to our Accelerated Reader library and to our guided reading library.
Thursday Note 21st March 2019March 21st, 2019
We hope you are well this week. Our news is as follows
- Dr. Maureen Griffin, a forensic psychologist will visit the school next Tuesday 26th March. She will facilitate a workshop for pupils in 3rd/4th classes and 5th/6th classes in relation to keeping safe online and will present a workshop for parents at 7.30p.m. that evening. There is no charge for this event and we hope that at least one parent from every family will be able to attend. We have extended the invitation for the evening workshop to the other primary schools in Shannon and will welcome parents from other schools also. We would ask that anyone attending books a place either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the school office at 061 362894.
Thursday Note 14th March 2019March 19th, 2019
We hope you are well this week as we head towards St. Patrick’s Day. Our news this week is as follows
- The Board of Management of St. Tola’s N.S. completed its annual review of the Child’s Safeguarding Statement at the Board meeting of Tuesday 12th March. The review was conducted in accordance with the “Checklist for Review of the Child Safeguarding Statement “ published on the Department’s website www.education.ie.
Thursday Note 7th March 2019March 7th, 2019
We hope you are well. Our news this week is as follows
- Well done to the pupils from 3rd-6th classes who represented St. Tola’s last Saturday night at the Peace Proms Concert in UL. It was a fantastic opportunity to sing with other schools from all around the Mid West and the Cross Border Orchestra of Ireland. The pupils also got to hear some amazing and talented soloists. Thank you to Ms. Halliday for all her hard work since the start of the year on co-ordinating this event and in teaching the pupils the songs to such a high standard. Thank you to Ms. Amanda Corry, Ms. Diana Fleming, Ms. Mary O’ Shaughnessy Ms. Clare Fitzsimons, Ms. Ciara Cleary, and Ms. Hazel Park for accompanying the children on the night. Well done to all.