Thursday Note 18th June 2020June 18th, 2020
We hope you are keeping well as we are almost at the end of the current school year. Our news this week is as follows
- We are still waiting for guidelines and clarification from the Department of Education re return to school for the coming year. As soon as we have this we will be in touch with you. Please note that this update may be during the summer holidays.
- The school calendar for the school year 2020/21 has been approved by the Board of Management. Please find a copy attached with this newsletter and it will be published on the school website also. Pupils will return to school on Mon 31st August.
- School reports were posted out to all families last Friday. If you did not receive your report please contact the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 061 362894.
- Ború Sports will have school tracksuits for sale over the summer. If you need to order a tracksuit please contact them directly. Prices and contact details are being sent out with this newsletter.
- For the school year 20/21 teachers have been allocated to the following classes
Junior Infants – Lorraine Connolly, Junior Infants – Lisa Hackett, Senior Infants – Fiona Burke, 1st Class – Karen Riordan, 2nd Class – Lorna O’ Neill, 3rd Class – Diana Fleming ( Kelly Ann Brady will cover maternity leave until Ms Fleming returns) 4th Class – Noreen Vaughan, 5th Class – David Quinn, 6th Class – Siobhan Kelleher Special Education teachers – Clare Fitzsimons, Ciara Cleary, Edel Halliday, Maria Hehir and Amanda Corry.
- Cofirmation for St Tolas will take place on 30th July at 11a.m. in Mary Immaculate. We have no dates for First Communion yet but it is likely that it will go ahead in September.
- The 6th class graduation will take place next Tues 23rd June at 11a.m. via Zoom. The link will be sent out to 6th class parents.
- Well done to 3rd and 4th class who attended a zoom link up last Friday. We have further link ups scheduled for 3rd, 2nd and 1st classes this week. Please note that it can be difficult sometimes to get everyone admitted.
- We really need to get the rental books back before the end of the current school year to check them and ensure we will have enough books for classes in September. To ensure we adhere to social distancing protocols we will arrange a drop off system for tomorrow Fri 19th June from 1p.m. to 4p.m. This will be similar to the book collection we did a few weeks ago. Junior Infants do not need to return any books. Seniors-2nd class have guided reading books only to return. 3rd -6th class have textbooks and also AR books to return. You can nominate another adult to return them for you if necessary. We would appreciate that only one adult drops them off to maintain social distancing protocols and to protect staff. The times allocated are as follows
- Pupils whose surnames start with A- G 1p.m.-2p.m.
- Pupils whose surnames start with H-O 2p.m.-3p.m.
- Pupils whose surnames start with P-Z 3p.m-4p.m.
Mary Dunlea Fitzgerald, Principal
Thursday Note 21st May 2020May 21st, 2020
We hope this finds you well. Our news this week is as follows
- As of last Monday 18th May school staff may now access the building for organisation and distribution of remote learning. The advice given to schools is that where possible school staff continue to work from home. The number of staff accessing the building at one time is still limited and strict social distancing and hygiene measures must be followed. If you need to contact your child’s teacher please use the email provided by the teacher. You can contact the school also through the office email at email@example.com We will also now be able to monitor the phone. The number is 061 362894. Please leave a message if it is unattended and we will reply as soon as possible.
Thursday Note 14th May 2020May 14th, 2020
We hope you and your family are well and safe. Our news this week is as follows
- Thank you to all parents who completed our online survey last week. The information provided is very useful for planning and supporting our pupils over the remainder of the school year. Please find a report on the survey results attached.
Thursday Note 7th May 2020May 7th, 2020
We hope you are keeping well and safe. Our news this week is as follows
- Following the Taoiseach Leo Varadkar’s announcement last Friday we now know that schools will not re-open until September. St Tola’s will continue to support our pupils remotely. Guidance and work for each week will be emailed on a Friday for the following week. Teachers can be contacted on their individual emails which are included in their work each week. From the 18th May school staff will be permitted in the building for the purpose of supporting remote learning while adhering to social distancing measures. At present all staff are working from home.
St. Tolas Thursday Note 30th April 2020April 30th, 2020
We hope you are well as we come to the end of a most unusual April. Our news this week is
- All teachers have now set up a temporary email address for the duration of the school closure. They may be contacted on this email which will be included in the letter they send out with guidance for their pupils each week. Teachers may not be able to answer you straight away but will come back to you as soon as they can.